Optional Y Value to go with X&Z?

General Discussion of Herobrine
jjgrosk008

Optional Y Value to go with X&Z?

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Would it be possible to get an optional Y value to choose an exact location where Herobrine spawns and then allows you to hold him in-between two heights? It might sound kinda odd but we are building an "Admin Building" on my server with a "containment unit" for Herobrine. It'll be a little surprise and easter egg for those who decide they wanna break into the building (they still need to fight past a bunch of sentries, traps, and security systems to do so), finding Herobrine at the end of their work. At which point I will free him, I can currently set his starting X&Z followed by the X&Z walking range, but I'm guessing Y defaults to top of the lowest block. I've attached two pictures so you can see the building.

Is something like this possible? Would it be easy to implement?

Thanks,
Jackson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David B
Site Admin

Re: Optional Y Value to go with X&Z?

Post by David B »

Hello Jackson,

First, thank you for your interest in the Herobrine plugin!

Second, this seems like a really cool idea! As far as ease of implementation, I cannot say. At this point, all I can say is that I am currently trying to sort out a major issue with the plugin that is wreaking havoc on servers running Spigot 1.15.2. Fixing this is my absolute top priority for the plugin. I have been working on this for months when time permits and have unfortunately had little to no success.

As soon as this is fixed (or 1.16 comes out with what will hopefully be a fix to a bug that I believe is not the fault of this plugin), I will certainly have a look at implementing this. To be sure I understand, you are interested in setting a sort of bounding box within a given world for Herobrine to have access to. Is this interpretation correct?

Thank you,
David
jjgrosk008

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Correct! You already can bound him to X & Z so I figured I would ask for Y too.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

Hello jjgrosk008,

I just released Herobrine v1.2.0 with support for Spigot 1.16.1 and more importantly, with a fix for the crashing issue I mentioned previously. With this out of the way, I am going to begin researching how to implement this feature request in a future release.

~ David