HerobrineAI help demand for a server

General Discussion of Herobrine
L_ourson

HerobrineAI help demand for a server

Post by L_ourson »

Hello I saw that you have updated the Herobine AI plugin so I think you are probably quite familiar with the old version of plugin code for 1.7.10,I would need your help on my server, I try to modify any of herobrine's messages in the chat or on the signs to include the name of the targeted player in the chat message or the name of the player closest to the signs in the signs , example Hello (Player name),
what should be changed in the config.yml file of the plugin ?
David B
Site Admin

Re: HerobrineAI help demand for a server

Post by David B »

Hello L_ourson,

Thank you for your interest in Herobrine! Unfortunately, the version of Spigot that you are referring to (1.7.10) is not supported. If you are interested in using Herobrine on your server, I would recommend upgrading to Spigot 1.16.4 and using Herobrine v2.1.2. As of this writing, these are the latest Spigot and Herobrine releases, respectively.

David
L_ourson

Post by L_ourson »

sorry but if I could change the version I would have done it already but as far as I know more recent and stable versions of thermos (server that can accommodate mods and plugins) there are not many, sponge is still quite unstable and bugged, thermos is quite stable but is blocked in 1.7.10 and others are still in testing phase

so thank you but no thanks for the update
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

Ah, alright. I understand. Well, unfortunately, it is not really possible for me to provide support to such a wide range of Spigot versions. That said, if you have the patience to do so, you could probably backport the current state of the code to support it.

It would almost certainly require some work on your part to perfect it, but you could probably start by taking the state of the master branch and reverting these commits: I suppose this goes without saying, but I haven't tested doing this, and you will likely need to do some exploration to get it operating.