Removal of AdFly from The Programmer's World

David B
Site Admin

Removal of AdFly from The Programmer's World

Post by David B »

Hello all,

It has come to my attention that AdFly, our advertising service provider, is allowing the publication of fraudulent and/or malicious ads. In response to this, I have decided to stop all use of AdFly on the site, effective immediately.

AdFly allowed us to earn a small amount of revenue with each download which, in turn, helped us keep this website alive. While this revenue was helpful, it was not nearly as valuable as the safety and trust of our users.

I apologize to all users who were negatively impacted by our use of this service.

Thank you to all of you for your continued support. In the near future, I will be investigating alternative means of monetizing the site in ways which will not negatively impact our users.

~ David
David B
Site Admin

Re: Removal of AdFly from The Programmer's World

Post by David B »

It has come to my attention that although all AdFly links were removed from our website, there were still several active links in the Herobrine plugin's README on Bitbucket. These AdFly links have now been removed as well and users will instead be directed immediately to their final desired destination.